All-new Blink Outdoor from Blink and Amazon has been released as of September 16, 2020 and will change rules in monitoring. This camera is battery-powered and offering long-lasting battery life for up to two years, and even four years with the new Battery Expansion Pack, so you don’t have to worry about cable mess. It doesn’t offer a Windows app, but with the Blink Home Monitor app, you can always monitor your home, garden, pets using HD live view, and infrared night vision; also, two-way audio lets you hear and talk back.
It is easy to set up and use also works with Alexa; thus, you can go hands-free.
You can create customized motion detection and privacy zones. Activity zone that blocks out motion detection areas. However, they do not block any image, so the whole frame is still visible if a motion was detected. Privacy Zones do the same but also add a gray block to the area so that a section of the clips frame is not visible.
You can add the All-new Blink Outdoor camera to an existing Blink XT/XT2 System.
Blink offers cloud and local storage. With a Subscription Plan, you can record, view, and save video clips in your cloud storage. It also offers Local Storage with Blink Sync Module 2; thus, you can back up video clips from up to 10 cameras to the Blink Sync Module 2 in your home and view them on your computer without additional fees; however, a USB flash drive is required.
From the Manufacturer:
A new weather-resistant security camera goes where wires can’t help you protect your home day or night — rain or shine. With up to two years of powerful battery life, HD video, customizable motion detection, two-way audio, live view, and more Outdoor brings peace of mind when you need it most. Outdoor works with select Alexa-enabled devices.
Blink Outdoor’s Some Nice Features:
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- Get motion detection alerts on your phone with the option to customize motion zones in the Blink Home Monitor app so you’re only alerted when you need to be.
- See, hear, and speak to visitors with live view in real time and two-way audio features on your Blink app.
- Designed so you can set up yourself in minutes. No wiring, no professional installation required.
- Works with Alexa – use your voice to monitor your home through supported Alexa-enabled devices.
- Store video clips in the cloud with the Blink Subscription Plan and save them locally to the Blink Sync Module 2 via a USB flash drive (sold separately).